This video offers plenty of inspiration for teatime. After all, afternoon tea is not only about the tea and snacks but also about the table setting itself. How do you set the table for afternoon tea, which colours should you use and what type of glassware and china should you have? This video not only gives you some great ideas about decorating your table and selecting the correct crockery, cutlery and stemware, but you can also get ideas about what to wear to an English style tea party and what type of teatime food to serve to your guests.
This Victorian style British tea party features a particularly beautiful table setting and although the British weather is often difficult to predict, the tea party guests seem to have been blessed with a lovely summer day to enjoy their al fresco meal.
Whether you are curious about teatime trends and traditions, wondering how to set your table so it looks authentic and well-matched, or simply wondering what a tea party really looks like, this short video will give you plenty of ideas. Continue reading
There is more to enjoying teatime than simply sipping tea, nibbling on dainty sandwiches and making small talk. Whether you are holding an afternoon tea gathering or attending one elsewhere, it is very important to familiarise yourself with the correct teatime etiquette. In this video, etiquette expert William Hanson teaches celebrity chef Gino d’Acampo and presenter Melanie Sykes a thing or two about how to serve tea the right way.
This light-hearted video is fun to watch which means you should remember all the tips. Learning about etiquette is not always the most enjoyable experience but a light-hearted look is usually the best way to learn new things, and then you can buy an etiquette book if you wish to learn even more about it.
Do you add the milk or the hot tea to the cup first? Should you serve your guests or let them help themselves to tea? Find out the answers to those questions, as well as discovering the correct way to dab your lips with your serviette and various others etiquette tips. Also find out which etiquette pitfalls and clangers to avoid! Continue reading
- Sea Perch with Apple-Cranberry Chutney May 28, 2016
- Creamy Colcannon with Irish Cheddar May 21, 2016
- Ultimate British Chip Butty May 9, 2016
- Tasty Welsh Rarebit Recipe May 1, 2016
- Authentic Devon Scones April 24, 2016
- British Cider and Onion Soup April 23, 2016
- Bubble and Squeak Cakes April 17, 2016
- British Pub Style Vegetable Curry April 16, 2016
- Rustic Oat-Crusted Herring April 15, 2016
- Broccoli and Stilton Soup April 14, 2016
- Lemon and Garlic Chicken Bake April 13, 2016
- Queen of Puddings April 11, 2016
- Queen Victoria’s Brown Windsor Soup April 10, 2016
- Roasted Topside of Beef April 7, 2016
- Scottish Smoked Salmon with Lemon Dressing April 6, 2016
- How To Make Stuffed New Potato Canapés (107569 Views)
- Scottish Smoked Salmon with Lemon Dressing (15838 Views)
- Easy Toffee Recipe (4997 Views)
- Cheese and Asparagus Tartlets (3138 Views)
- The Best Dessert Chefs in Britain (2852 Views)
- TeaTime (2582 Views)
- Battenberg Cake Recipe (2403 Views)
- How to Serve Traditional English Cream Tea (1818 Views)
- How to Brew Earl Grey Tea (1704 Views)
- Tea Party Table Setting Ideas (1437 Views)